Thursday, September 17, 2009

One More Time

What is required of each of us is to get up one more time than we fall down. Lucy MacDonald


I love running in the fog so peaceful so wet and cool. I love how I can't see the top of a peak, yet all of a sudden you pop out of the fog and can see the sea of clouds for miles. Days like this make me feel thankful for life.
We are all very lucky so we should keep that in our minds. Strong and healthy and able to run forever.

WOD 9/15/2009

Complete as many rounds as you can in 20 minutes of:

  • 200m run
  • 25 doubleunders
  • 10 box jumps (M:24"/W:20")

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dirt Diva! Bernie and I met you at the Cascade Crest 100 (hope I got the name right). We were the through hiking couple. We have finished our hike of the PCT and are now back home. I wanted to stop in and say hi! I love your blog, and look forward to staying in touch. I am inspired to try ultra running, just have to let the body rest a few days first.

Catra said...

Hi Stacey-
I am so proud of you two you are awesome. I was so excited to meet you guys, well the past two years I go out looking for PCT through hikers because we all have that bond of being through hikers. Only I didn't make it :-( 600 miles short. But 2011 will be my year to shine. I will head back out to break the womans unsupported record. I will always have a special place in my heart for that trail. Many ultras I run are on sections of the PCT so I get relive moments of those sections spent on the trail.
It's hard to go back to life after the PCT it took me a whole year before I really went back to work full time. I must admit while on the trail I do miss running, you get to places so much faster when your running. Let's keep in touch.
Congrats.
Catra aka "Dirt Diva"

Shannon said...

"I love running in the fog so peaceful so wet and cool. I love how I can't see the top of a peak, yet all of a sudden you pop out of the fog and can see the sea of clouds for miles. Days like this make me feel thankful for life.
We are all very lucky so we should keep that in our minds. Strong and healthy and able to run forever."

I think is the best thing I've ever seen you write before. Good Stuff..

Unknown said...

Most of my favourite runs have been through fog. There is something magical and settling about it. Everything just feels right.