Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mothers day to my Mom....
Mom even though you are no longer with me, I think of you every day. I tell you with my mind everything I do and how I wish you were here with me to see me and tell me what to do in life.
Every time I run I know you are there with me watching over and protecting me. I feel you often when I am running the trails. I can smell you and sometimes feel you touch me or call my name when I am alone on a trail.
I am never afraid because you are protecting me from up above.
I love the life you gave me. I love how I take after you I have courage and I am stubborn, and most of all I'm not afraid of being alone.
I was always afraid as a little girl to be left alone. I would lock all the doors and hide in my room.
Now I run wild in the wilderness afraid of nothing. You taught me to love what I do and live life.
I carry you with me everyday in my heart and I will always love you. And I want you to know you were the best Mom in the whole wide world.
Happy Mothers day! I love you!
Todays run on Mission peak 16 miles!
Yesterdays run with Aaron Jerry, Roger, me , Kathy and Mike. 40 mile day!

It's best not to ask ;-)


Mount Diablo run. 32 miles Friday




Hanging out on North Peak!!!
I put in 124 miles this week.
It's now time to taper for the Ohlone 131 ;-) I have 12 days until I run it.
This weekend I will be in Bishop crewing and pacing my friend Faye and her sisiter Miki who will be running her first 50 miler. It's gonna be fun!!!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful passage Catra!

On a different subject looks like you are gonna have a stake driven through your heart???

Chris and Amy said...

That was a beautiful post. I love that you are so brave and bold. I'm still afraid to run trails on my own, but I get braver every time I read your posts. Thank you, Amy

Unknown said...

I'm sure your mom is very proud of your accomplishments on and off the trail!!!!

Keep moving forward!!!