Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.

This is what I will be focusing on this weekend having fun running Western states 100 and not focus on the finish line. I will enjoy each new person I meet and all those who will be helping me along the way and enjoying every minute.
Rocky says I'm ready so I guess I'm ready!!


Was going to run the double this year but had a feeling the course would change because of the snow. And guess what it did so since it's not the original course it doesn't make sense to do it.
I already saw it coming so made my mind up two weeks ago not to run the double.

There is always next year ;-)




Please follow me on the Western states website this weekend. I am #333 and please send me positive vibes on my journey.
I have an awesome crew my BF Andy Kumeda and Kathy D'Onofrio.
Andy will also pace me from Foresthill to the finish.
See you all in Squaw and good luck runners ;-) it's going to be FUN!!!!








14 comments:

That's Mr. McGoogly to you! said...

Good luck this weekend. I love your positive attitude and I'm sure it's a great benefit on such a tough run. Keep it up!

San said...

Good luck, I'll definitely think of you and send you some good thoughts.

Enjoy your run.

Cheers,
San

Anonymous said...

100 miles??? I'm sure there'll be ups and downs but each one of them will be an experience.

Hope you have a most awesome time Catra.

Ultra Okie said...

Good luck on the WS100 Catra. Will be sending positive vibes from OK and will be checking the WS100 website for updates. Rock on!

Anonymous said...

Catra! ENJOY! Run for the LOVE of it. Hope to meet you out there someday. WS100 is one of my goals for 2012 or 2013! I'll be sending you TONS of positive thoughts this weekend - plus I'll be up during your NIGHTS (because of the difference in time from Europe to CA ...) to guide your steps :-)
Big HUG! Katerina from Germany

K said...

Good LUCK!!!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck and have fun!!!!!

knix05 said...

I will follow you this week-end ! Good race !

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time!

gene said...

go get 'em, Katra!!!

gene said...

oh, CRUD. i mistyped a "K" instead of "C". my apologies.

Pgregory said...

Sorry you had to drop as we were at No-Hands and in hope we'd see you, but know you did your best. Maybe it's time to do just a few less, and enjoy the ones you do do. Maybe next year...phillip

Christine said...

Hey Catra!! I've been reading your blog over the last couple days, and just wanted to let you know how you inspire me :D Crossfit is awesome, and it clearly works for you! Love your tattoos as well.

Anyway keep up all the good work, and I hope you have a fantastic week! :)

Chrit said...

Hey Catra!! I've been reading your blog over the last couple days, and just wanted to let you know how you inspire me :D Crossfit is awesome, and it clearly works for you! Love your tattoos as well.

Anyway keep up all the good work, and I hope you have a fantastic week! :)